Here's what I'm planning to do:
- Engine + Gearbox swap - preferably a K Series 1.8 VVC 160bhp if I can find one
- Change the gear linkage for a cable change
- Change the suspension for adjustable coil-overs
- Add some suitable steel wheels
- Completely re-invent the interior, including seats, MGF instruments, Audi air vents and ICE
- Add electric windows and re-trim everything in black leather
- Restyle rear end to improve air exit from engine, allow for a dual exhaust and remove metro rear lights
- Restyle front bumper area to remove the Ford Sierra indicators (which are impossible to find)
- Open up and plumb side air vents to improve air flow to the engine
- Complete respray in white, with the roof in gloss black
- Replace fuel tank due to VVC engine intrusion
- Replace front headlights with projector units from Hella
And probably a million other jobs that will crop up on the way! I intend to buy a complete donor MGF / MGTF so I have everything needed for the GTM - I don't fancy hunting on eBay for missing essential components. I'll then sell what I don't use, if I can.
Being a graphic designer, I couldn't help mocking up a rough preview of the GTM K3 when it's finished:
So, a little more research and hunting in the classifieds for an MG to pull apart. Comments and suggestion welcome!